July 25, 2017

FREELANCALOT

LONG TIME, NO POST.

Having spent the first part of the year in Hanoi I've since returned to ol' blighty and am back in the UK. As always I started this year with the greatest of new years intentions on keeping up to date with my blog and social media but it seems that this year has turned out busier than I thought and I have neglected my new years resolutions.


NEVER MIND - THE YEAR  ISN'T OVER YET.

So I wanted to share just a few of the freelance design commissions I've had the pleasure of creating.


FAIR CARE 

INDEPENDENT CARE TEAM




When 4 lovely ladies came to me and told me that they were planning on starting their own independent care team, I had the pleasure of creating and designing their branding, logo, business cards, flyer and documentation.

They wanted to do things differently, for too long they felt the industry they worked in didn't not provide honest reliable person centred care, it was too corporate and did not care for the needs of the people who needed it most and the staff who delivered it.

With this in mind, the ladies I felt needed a brand name that was memorable whilst reflecting their ideals and values. After discussing ideas with my girlfriend and father, my dad suggested the name FAIR CARE.

I felt it was perfect and outlined exactly what they are offering: Fair, honest care for everyone.

With the ladies in agreement, I set about creating the logo and font. I wanted to set them apart from the usual heart in hands, bland corporate logo and they advised me they wanted something friendly and personable.

In the end we settled on the above logo with a handwritten style font, with subtle design features like the heart above the 'I' in 'FAIR' and the medical cross in the 'A' of 'care'. My girlfriends father came up with the slogan  'caring for your needs not ours' and thus FAIR CARE was born.

This design was taken forward and applied to business cards, flyers and all in house documentation and another happy client :)

POORNAUTI

ORANGE COUNTY





Back in 2016, I found myself working for the Australian medical insurance company MEDIBANK in Melbourne, Australia. 

If I'm honest the job sucked but the pay was good and most of all the people I worked with made my time there a lot brighter. Anyway I ended up meeting a gentleman who was intending on starting his own fashion brand, months later he got in touch and sent me a very, very rough drawing of an orange slice with his brand names scrawled across it.
After discussing his personal vision, I designed the above logo for his brand ' POORNAUTI' and we agreed that it met the brief and he was happy with it. He is planning on taking this design onto various stylish fashion garments and we are still in discussions and future projects in the pipeline for this brand so keep an eye out.


As always there is no rest for the wicked and plenty more artworks and designs ahead of me this year so stay tuned. VP